RG Cowan Design/Build is a small, highly sought-after residential Design Build firm in Fruita, Colorado that specializes in custom new homes and renovations. We build high quality custom homes for design minded clients! We are currently seeking a qualified Project Coordinator with experience in residential design, construction estimating and project management. The successful candidate can expect a standard Monday-Friday work week with an emphasis on work/life balance in beautiful western Colorado.
Candidate requirements and essential duties:
- Experience at a design/build or construction firm performing design document reviews, estimating, scheduling and other project management related duties.
- Must be a creative, collaborative team player able to adapt to our architectural design and construction processes and communication systems.
- Will perform quantity takeoffs and construction estimates including preliminary Schematic Design estimates and final project budgets.
- Will provide subcontractor and supplier management including building relationships with new vendors and subcontractors.
- Will generate quote requests for final budgets and contracting.
- Will create critical path schedules including labor crews, subcontractors and materials ordering.
- Will manage residential construction projects from commencement through completion.
- Will need to communicate effectively with Lead Carpenters, other employees and subcontractors in the most effective manner.
- Will analyze job costs and make adjustments to stay within the budgeted project amount.
- Will coordinate with the Design Studio Manager to provide insight, contribute ideas and value engineer designs to align with budget constraints.
- Will provide feasibility and constructability reviews
- Will need proficient understanding of building codes and zoning requirements, with an ability to complete code compliance reviews.
- Will be able to complete field measurements and verifications.
- Will provide construction detail analysis and solutions to the design team throughout projects.
- Will complete regular site visits, coordinating with Lead Carpenters to provide feedback relating to progress, budgeting, punch lists and checklists.
- Experience with BIM software, preferably ARCHICAD is a plus
- Cannot work remotely
- Needs to live in the greater Grand Junction area
- Self-motivated, team player
- Knowledge of residential construction, methods and codes
- Strong communicator
- Able to lead team meetings, weekly progress meetings with subcontractor as well as client meetings
- Buy-in and drive to move up in the company
- Able to adapt to a team environment including learning to use multiple communication applications including but not limited to; Gmail and Google suite apps, Trello, Co Construct management software and Microsoft office tools.
- Candidates must be able to learn and adapt to our in house communication systems.
- Architectural License a plus but not required.
Base Pay Range – $60,000 – $75,000 / Year DOE
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.