If you are a positive, thoughtful person seeking a purposeful role in a team environment to grow your career in project management, you will be a great asset to our team. If you are sociable by nature and believe that building great relationships and teams is the key to success you are our number one candidate. If you have a desire to grow your knowledge and ability to plan, organize and execute highly detailed construction projects then you are the right person for this role.
RG Cowan Design/Build is a small, highly sought-after residential Design Build firm in Fruita, Colorado that specializes in custom new homes and renovations. We build high quality custom homes for design minded clients! We are currently seeking a qualified Project Coordinator with experience in residential design, construction estimating and project management. The successful candidate can expect a standard Monday-Friday work week with an emphasis on work/life balance in beautiful western Colorado.
Candidate requirements and essential duties:
- Experience at a design/build or construction firm performing design document reviews, estimating, scheduling and other project management related duties.
- Must be a creative, collaborative team player able to adapt to our architectural design and construction processes and communication systems.
- Will perform quantity takeoffs and construction estimates including preliminary Schematic Design estimates and final project budgets.
- Will provide subcontractor and supplier management including building relationships with new vendors and subcontractors.
- Will generate quote requests for final budgets and contracting.
- Will create critical path schedules including labor crews, subcontractors and materials ordering.
- Will manage residential construction projects from commencement through completion.
- Will need to communicate effectively with Lead Carpenters, other employees and subcontractors in the most effective manner.
- Will analyze job costs and make adjustments to stay within the budgeted project amount.
- Will coordinate with the Design Studio Manager to provide insight, contribute ideas and value engineer designs to align with budget constraints.
- Will provide feasibility and constructability reviews
- Will need proficient understanding of building codes and zoning requirements, with an ability to complete code compliance reviews.
- Will be able to complete field measurements and verifications.
- Will provide construction detail analysis and solutions to the design team throughout projects.
- Will complete regular site visits, coordinating with Lead Carpenters to provide feedback relating to progress, budgeting, punch lists and checklists.
- Experience with BIM software, preferably ARCHICAD is a plus
- Cannot work remotely
- Needs to live in the greater Grand Junction area
- Self-motivated, team player
- Knowledge of residential construction, methods and codes
- Strong communicator
- Able to lead team meetings, weekly progress meetings with subcontractor as well as client meetings
- Buy-in and drive to move up in the company
- Able to adapt to a team environment including learning to use multiple communication applications including but not limited to; Gmail and Google suite apps, Trello, Co Construct management software and Microsoft office tools.
- Candidates must be able to learn and adapt to our in house communication systems.
- Architectural License a plus but not required.
Base Pay Range – $60,000 – $75,000 / Year DOE
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or complete the form below.